Remember in your heart and it will stay there forever.

The Regular, Rare and Remarkable

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Look Into My Eyes

 This is a picture of my grandson Owen and I and then a picture of Steve and I in St. George at the Temple.  Since I was young my eyelids have felt heavy and droopy to me.  When I would take a picture I would hold my eyes open wide to keep the eyelids from sagging down into my eyes.  When I would wake up in the morning, if my eyes were swollen from pollen or poor sleep, or if I had a headache, they would be so bad it affected my eyesight.  I know that I wasn't "ugly" but when you feel like your eyes are part of your soul it makes you feel that way.  My dear husband always knew of my feelings and was always telling me to "get my eyes done".  It is very expensive and every time I was ready to do it because I was so fed up, something would happen to detour me.  In February my dream came true and Dr. Kimball Crofts "fixed them up" for me.  He was an old missionary companion of Steve's in Rome Italy so Steve made the appointment.  This was in December 2012.  Then Steve's job changed and things started happening that made me feel uneasy with the whole procedure.  Finally in February, I really did it.  After years of complaining and wishing, the deed is finally done.  Here are some pictures of the healing timeline.  Mind you, I didn't put a picture of the first four days.  They were too awful to share.

First Week

2nd Week

Two Week Mark


Today
 
Look at the difference a surgery makes!


I am so happy I did this.  It might be vain, but I am telling you now, I don't care.  I love the results.  Thanks to my wonderful husband for working so hard so that I can feel good about myself. XXOO



No comments: